Saturday, 19 February 2011

Ambitious Blackwork Project #4


So I'm triple posting today -- sorry for spamming your inboxes!

Here is my next ambitious blackwork project, which was actually designed before my ShinRa Logo (but I wanted to do that one first)!

This design features one of my favourite Pokemon characters -- Chikorita!


A lot of people are making Pokemon sprites left right and centre - a few people over on the Sprite Stitch forums were even planning to stitch all 493 creatures!!!!  That was of course before Black/White was announced and as yet, the only pattern of a new critter I've seen is Missy Tannenbaum's Oshawott, which you can download from her blog.

I don't intend to make Pokemon sprites for my website, given the vast numbers of patterns already circulating. Instead, I design larger patterns which I may or may not give the patterns away for (it depends how I feel).

Chikorita is actually the third large Pokemon design I have done (the others are Lugia and Ho-oh) but this is the first one done completely in Blackwork.  I started it a few days ago and this is what I have done so far:


Picture reference date - 19th February 2011
 
As always, there will be further work in progress updates as and when but I plan to work this in tandem with another large project so they may not be as frequent as the ShinRa Logo posts!

***

On a side note, going back to Pokemon, I am sure that there are loads of people out there looking forward to the new games!  I plan to purchase 'White' first, but I know I can't afford it when it comes out on the 4th March as my finances are a bit rubbish at the moment :-(

Of the three new starters, I quite like 'Snivy' but I'm sure they'll all have some pretty neat moves and evolutions.  Another cool beastie worth a mention is 'Cofagrigus' which I can't help thinking reminds me of 'Anakaris' from Capcom's Darkstalkers!

We're too funky for your squad!!!!

Whatever you think, I'm sure that we'll all be trying to 'catch them all' all over again, in a few weeks time!

I'm startin to ramble, so now is a good time to sign off.

See you all again ... very soon! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the Chikorita looks so cool! I like all of the different colors with the blackwork design, and it's a really cute Pokemon, too. As for the new games, I'm going to play whichever one I end up having handed to me- I have enough siblings that both versions will be around, meaning that I'll have a fair shot at finishing a Pokedex, which I haven't done since R/B/Y. :S I think the online stuff makes it easier, though! (Also, thank you for mentioning the Oshawott pattern! I really appreciate it. ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! This is going to be so cute and cool! Awesome new projecr ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased with how the pattern turned out and she's proving a joy to stitch!

    @ Missy: You are very welcome for the mention - I have yet to see anyone else doing critters from black/white so huge kudos to you for being the first!! xx

    Sadly I havent been able to take my DS online. My broadband is WPA enabled so it won't talk to it and I've missed out on loads of freebies and pokewalker routes for HeartGold! I hope they rectify it with black/white *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete