Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Ambitious Blackwork Project #2 [PART 3]


I'm sorry that I'm triple posting today, but I really wanted to get this out of the way so that I can start posting the WIP for my next project!

***

I am not entirely certain how long this has actually taken in terms of stitching hours from start to finish because I started it back in October and finished it just after Christmas. I did have a bit of a break from it for a while so I would say that there is maybe two or three weeks work here at most.

At one point I was worried that I might run out of silver thread, but thankfully it held out. I have also used beads on the design, which is not something you should try to do when you are tired and hungover because I was sewing them to the back of the work rather than the front…LOL!

Anyway, here it is…

 


I hope you like it, be sure to check it out on deviantART as well!!!



4 comments:

  1. Wow that is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, grear work! The way you make your patterns is simply amazing. I love how you made the shading too, and those little waves in the back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    I'm really pleased with the way this has turned out - you never know when you start designing them how the finished piece will look

    I'm very pleased with the way the shading works, and the little waves are done in two shades blended together!

    ReplyDelete