You will recall that a couple of weeks ago I told you about my cat Hardy who was due to have an operation to remove a malignant lump from under her eye.
Anyway, the good news is that the operation was a success!
The downside was that she had to stay indoors for 10 days (which was easier said than done with 3 other cats in the house) and she had to wear a collar round her neck to stop her scratching at her stitches.
So she was banished to the little bedroom, where she had a bed, food, water and a litter tray. With my mum and dad away the week after the op, and my brother wanting no part in her after care, it was up to my fiancé to go give her the eye drops the vet had given us before work, then check on her at lunchtime, and again in the evening for more eye drops *PHEW*
Now the collar is gone and she can go back to being an outdoor cat (that’s if you can get her out from under the bed ^___^)
She’s doing very well now and for a cat of 15, that’s not bad going. The vet has warned us that the lump may come back so I will be monitoring her very carefully from now on!
Here’s a piccie of her being reasonably content in her collar:

Congrats! I'm glad your cat is ok now! I hope she'll be all right from now on, and the lump won't come back.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed! xx
ReplyDelete