…when is there going to be a new pattern on this blog?
Well, funny you should ask because, right now in fact!!!
This pattern has a musical theme. My idols in the 1980’s were the pop group, Duran Duran who I was (and still am) a huge fan of. For anyone who wasn’t around in the 1980’s, some of their biggest hits are; Girls on Film, Rio, Hungry Like the Wolf and Wild Boys.
The design I have chosen is themed on their logo circa 1983/84. The reference design came from the cover art of the Japanese version of the 7” single “Is there something I should know?” (which got to #1 in the UK charts in 1983).
I designed this initially about 6 years ago to coincide with Duran Duran’s comeback tour of 2004. I had the finished design mounted on a little photo book, but that has now mysteriously vanished into the ethos!
Since then, I’ve been trying to redesign it with varied success until recently when I actually came across my original pattern *HURRAH*
It took me 10 minutes to re-chart into Pattern Maker and I stitched it in about 2 hours flat!
I have mounted the design with iron-on interfacing to give the design some stiffness and then trimmed the edges using pinking sheers.
It was fairly straightforward to stitch, and here is the pattern (if anyone is interested):
Have fun!!! ^_______^ xx



No comments:
Post a Comment