Thursday, 18 June 2009

KONNICHI WA!!!!

Hello, and welcome to my blog. Here you’ll find a mixture of my two favourite hobbies: cross stitch and video games (and maybe other things too)!

I’ve been playing video games since the 1980’s. They were quite primitive back then; there were no state-of-the-art graphics, just blocky pixels with limited colour palettes. My first video games console was a ZX Spectrum that my dad bought for me and my siblings (we thought it was the dogs b*******)! Games came on cassette tape in those days and they used to take an absolute age to download, and just as it got to the end, the game would crash meaning that you would have to try and load it all again!

…Oh how times have changed!

Since the early 1990’s I’ve owned just about every major console that’s been released, My fiancé and I have all three of the current crop of consoles (the Wii being my favourite) as well as a DS and PSP, so it’s fair to say that I’m pretty obsessed!

As for cross-stitching, well I’ve only been doing that since 2002. I’ve always been arty and have wanted to do cross-stitch for years but never had the patience. My mum has been stitching for years, despite suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis. As a treat I took her to a craft fair. I wasn’t sure I would like it, but I was wrong! It was so much fun going round the stalls and looking at all the fabby kits and stuff. I decided that it was time to give the hobby a go so I bought small kits and supplies to get me started. What can I say, I was hooked, and now it’s become so much more than just a hobby!

Sometimes I wonder what possessed me to pursue a career in law!!

I started designing in 2007, just after I moved into my first home; with no internet I needed something to pass the time and some charting software I had installed on my laptop gave me the perfect excuse to have a go. Video game characters seemed the obvious choice due to their pixelated nature and so an obsession was born!

Sadly, due to hectic work and study commitments recently I’ve not had the time to do as much stitching or designing as I would like. The few designs I have posted have been well received, and up until very recently two of my patterns were even being hosted on an Anime website!

The aforementioned website has recently vanished without trace and site host has been un-contactable. Her account on DeviantART also appears to have ceased functioning too and therefore my patterns are without a home.
Which is the reason I started this blog.

This will now be the new home for my patterns. Unfortunately, I can’t offer fancy looking charts as my current charting software will not allow me to save as .jpgs and I’m still in the process of working round this (any tips here would be much appreciated).

I’m planning on purchasing some new software later in the year which I hope will resolve the problem, but for now, we have to make do until I can come up with something better.

So all I can say now is thanks for reading my blog, I hope you decide to stick around…you never know, you might just enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment