Thursday, 18 June 2009

Getting Started

I’ve had loads of ideas about how my blog should look and what content should be in it.

I was going to start with some stitching tutorials but I realised that most of the people coming here are already stitchers and I don’t see the point in telling people how to suck eggs!

Not only that, but there are loads of tutorial websites already so I don’t need to add to them. I will however, try and post links to some of my favourite stitching sites and anything else of interest - here’s one to get you going:

Needlework Tips and Techniques:
http://www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/index.html

Finally, before I start posting patterns, please note that ALL my designs are charted using Anchor stranded cotton, (but note that later designs will feature DMC Light Effects and DMC Colour Variations).

For those of you who prefer to use solely DMC, you can download a conversion chart from here:
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/anc2dmc.pdf

Be aware that colours are not always an exact match so feel free to chose your own colours!

I have some small charts to get you going and these will follow shortly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment