Sunday, 19 March 2017

+NEW PATTERN+ NEW SERIES - DR. ROBOTNIK'S MEAN BEAN MACHINE [in 8-bit glory]! DUMBOT #1 - ARMS

Back in the 1990's one of my favourite games was Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on the SEGA Megadrive.   It was a sonic-themed puzzler in the style of the Japanese puzzler "Puyo-Puyo", but damn, it was sooooooooo addictive!  Me and my friend used to get really competitive playing it!

Came across the sprites for the 8-bit version (I had it on the Game Gear too - it was harder), on the internet whilst looking for new ideas and I thought they would convert to cross-stitch really well!

There are 13 stages in total and each "boss" gets progressively harder.

First stage is "Arms"- he's pretty straight forward:



You can download the pattern via BOX.net (in the SEGA sub-folder of GAMING).

BTW, feel free to stitch this however way you want, I stitched him like this:



Well that's all for now - the other 12 bosses will follow in due time.

Till next time … keep Kalm and cross-stitch :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment