Hey there guys!
Well it's been a few weeks since I last updated the blog, and I must apologise for the lack of activity. Things have been pretty hectic here at Gatchastitch HQ of late. I've been working on lots of new Pokemon designs (I should have a new pattern for you soon), and I'm still trying to finish some of those pesky UFP's!!!
Thankfully, I've ticked another one off the list:
I started stitching this back in August last year during the Olympics, but never got it finished in time. I've been slowly chipping away at this since then and finished it last month. The beady-eyed amongst you will notice I have put 2012 as opposed to 2013 on the bottom - I did this because the Olympics were last year, and that it why I did this (and of course, Team GB did so well at both the Olympics and Parlympics).
I did upload the pattern for the cross-stitch version of this logo (as well as Paralympics GB and Agitos logos) but have no plans to upload this to the Blackwork folder. However, if enough people request it I may change my mind.
Friday was St. David's Day which honours the Patron Saint of Wales! I'm sure that most people know this and that the national flower of Wales is a daffodil.
One of the crochet magazines I follow via Facebook posted a link to make a crochet daffodil on Friday. It was so gorgeous that I couldn't resist having a go at making one:
It was a little fiddly, and I couldn't get the leaves right so I didn't bother in the end, but I really like how it turned out. If you want to have a go yourself, the pattern can be found HERE.
As mentioned above I have been busy working on stitching new Pokemon, although designing has been quite slow. I have one new design finished, and after a few tweaks should have the pattern up by the weekend. I may even give you guys a sneak peak as to what I am working on at the moment too :)
And so on to the new arrival...
Last Wednesday (27th February), I became an Auntie again when my brother's girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy. His full name is Theodore James David Kelly and he weighed a hefty 9lbs 8.5ozs!!!
Here he is getting cuddles off me:
He is gorgeous, but then I am biased :D
So that's all for now, hopefully I'll have the next update ready for the weekend!
Till then ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch

Aww congratulations to the new arrival! Wihsing all the best!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is some pretty blackwork! and a lovely daffodil - those are my favorite flowers. Congrats on your newest family member!
ReplyDelete