Sunday, 23 September 2012

Crochet Stuffs

Those who follow me regularly will know that I crochet as well as cross-stitch.  It's nice to have another craft to do when I don't always fancy stitching.  It's been a while also since I showcased some of my crocheted pieces, so here are a few of my recent ones:

First Harvest
This cute little pumpkin came about because I wanted to make some Halloween Amigurumi but I like him as he is with his little leaves -- if I have time, I may make some more.

Pattern for the pumpkin courtesy of Planet June, HERE.
Pattern for the leaves, HERE

Frilled Flower
My first attempt at making a layered flower -- the back layer (worked in yellow) is worked round the spokes of the blue layer.  It's not difficult, but you do requite some concentration when working the back layer.

The pattern came courtesy of the book Encyclopaedia of Crochet Techniques.

Tudor Rose
Having tacked a simple frilled flower, I had to go and try something harder!  I found the Tudor Rose pattern HERE.  The link doesn't provide a full pattern to make the rose.  To make the rose, you need to purchase a book called "Crochet Bouquet" by Suzann Thompson.

This design is rated "intermediate" and I certainly found this one challenging!!!

Mitred Granny Square

It's amazing what you can find when browsing the internet -- I can't even remember what I was looking for when I came across this.  First time I came across the pattern I thought there was no way this would work, but it does, and it looks stunning!!!

HERE is the link to the pattern. 

As well as written instructions, there is also a symbol chart (which I find easier to read).  Once you get the gist of the pattern its no harder to make than a standard granny square, but it looks far more impressive!!!

And finally:

Granny Octagon

Bevelled Triangle

The last two images are taken from one of my favourite books: Crochet to Go!

Between now and Christmas I have quite a few crochet projects I plan to do.  If you're a keen crocheter like myself, I hope you will give some of these patterns a go -- I certainly enjoyed making them!

Till next time ... keep Kalm and cross-stitch! :) xx

5 comments:

  1. Crochet is on my "Things to learn" list - these are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin! So cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crochet! The pumpkin is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pumpkin is great but I LOVE the tudor rose! I'm not sure what the size is but I feel like I need to learn crochet and make a million into potholders, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete