This weekend, the UK has an extended 4-day weekend to celebrate Queen's Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee!
I've been thinking for a while about making something to celebrate, but it's only been recently that I decided to do something crafty. All over my home town, and indeed the whole UK, the red white and blue bunting is sprouting up everywhere.
I decided I wanted some bunting too, but I decided I was going to make my own...out of crochet!
The flags are made using a standard "granny triangle" pattern worked in treble crochet (double crochet).
As you can see, this is still a work in progress as I have a few more triangles to work, but when they are finished, I shall make a cord in chain stitch (using all three colours together), and then the flags will be sewn to it. Hopefully, I will get these finished in the next day or so!
Of course, I haven't just been crocheting ... I have been stitching too! I had planned to make a sampler to mark this auspicious occasion, but I haven't had the time to design my own, so I'm stitching one from a pattern in 'New Stitches' magazine:
This too is still a work in progress -- the finished design will be the same as the one in the top-right corner of the magazine. Again, it should be finished in a day or two *fingers crossed*.
So that's all for tonight, I'd better rush off and finish my triangles!
Till next time, keep Kalm and cross stitch ! :) xx
No comments:
Post a Comment