It's nice to see snow this close to Christmas, but I'm off to Manchester tonight to see Duran Duran in concert so I hope it won't cause too many travel problems!
Anyway, when the weather is like this you should stay indoors with your stitching! Or even play the new Ambassador games that I've just downloaded today for my 3DS!!! Seeing as I can't afford Mario Kart 7, I'll have to make do with Mario Kart Super Circuit instead, and Zelda: Minish Cap, will no doubt keep me occupied until I get Skyward Sword for Christmas!!!
I'm starting to get the end of my Christmas stitching although I still have a few projects to start as well as others to finish. I suspect I'll be cutting it close. Having to rest my wrist for a while has put me behind. It's hurting this morning and I'm in two minds as to whether I should just chill out today.
As well as making Christmas cards, I've been making my own festive garlands as well in the shape of mistletoe and holly sprigs:
I'd been wanting to get some wool to do these for a while, but my local shop had every shade of green except the green I wanted -- the assistant was really quite obnoxious about ordering any in specially too! Anyway, I managed to get some variegated green wool which I think is fabulous.
My mistletoe sprigs have definitely improved since the first one I did. My first attempt at the holly leaf was tricky, the pattern took time to understand (even in symbol format!) I eventually managed it and now I know how it goes, I can do more! Only grip is I should have used an F hook and not a G!
If you'd like to make your own holly garlands, I downloaded the pattern from HERE.
And finally...Pokemon!
On Wednesday, I went shopping with my mum in Macclesfield and bought a new friend from a game shop:
I don't have many Pokemon plushies, but as soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have him! I love Oshawott, he's so cool -- even if he does look miserable :)
So he got me thinking about my Pokemon Blackwork series. I know I said at the start that wasn't going to consider the starters (just because everyone picks them), but if I could chart one set, which generation would I go for?
I've put a poll on my facebook page, or you could comment here as to which generation has the coolest starters. Naturally, the generation with the most votes will get the blackwork treatment!
Well I've rambled on long enough now. It's cold and it's still snowing so I think it's time for a warming brew and some stitching (I know, I have no will power!!!)
Till next time, keep Kalm and Cross-stitch!!! xx



How cute. Oshawatt was my starter, he and Zebstrika are my favourites from Black/White.
ReplyDeleteI can't choose between the original starters and Black & White starters.
Bulbasaur is my all time favourite Pokemon, and I would be more than ecstatic to stitch up a blackwork pattern of him! So naturally, I vote for the first generation starters! :P
ReplyDeleteMy son likes Mudkisp-- Only Pokemon I have ever stitched too.
ReplyDeleteBTW-- you have more snow then us!! We keep on getting the white stuff-- but the warmer temps and rain the last couple of days has made it disappear again-- I'm hoping for a green christmas-- I hate snow!!
You guys are making it difficult!
ReplyDelete@ Dawn -- I'd rather have snow that rain, which is what it is doing today so we probably won't get a white Christmas.
Very icy last night when I got back from Manchester - path outside my flat was like an ice rink!
how can u download 3DS games? my boyfriend has a 3DS but we dont know how we can download games XD
ReplyDeleteand i want snow to!!!
@ Sjoerdje -- just seen your comment re download. You download games for 3ds via the nintendo eshop. if the firmware on your 3ds is up to date then there will be an icon on your main screen (looks like a shopping bag). You can download all sorts of things via the eshop -- pokedex 3d is free!
ReplyDeleteHope this helps