Thursday, 8 December 2011

Majestic Milotic

Greetings fans!

Well the winter weather has well and truly set in here in the UK.  We've had a bit of snow, and today gale force winds are blowing about.  I'm off to my mum's for some festive stitching this afternoon, so I'd better batten down the hatches and wrap up well!!!

Today's post has a Pokemon theme.  I've not talked about these fabby little critters for a while, but I've been playing HeartGold a lot over the last week (even round the supermarket) and it got me thinking about new blackwork patterns that I want to work on in the New Year!

I still have a long way to go before I get all the critters I listed for the blackwork treatment done, and it doesn't help when you suddenly decide you want to add more!!!

As you can probably see from the title, the Pokemon in question is Milotic.  Sadly, I never caught one, purely because I got fed up spending hours and hours in Ruby surfing and fishing the water routes trying to find Feebas, and finding sod all!!!!

I'm sure there are other locations I failed to look (and any advice here on catching one would be useful), but I resigned myself to the fact that I probably would never own Milotic.  A bit like Rayquaza really, no matter how hard I tried to get up that bloody tower, I just couldn't get over the cracks and get to the top!!!

Anyway, back to Milotic.

A Pokemon that I had forgotten existed, until I came across this:


I came across this amazing amigurumi doll on deviantART.  The artist in question is the very talented DarkNailBunny.  She's got lots of other Pokemon dolls in her gallery, but this one is probably the best she has done -- the attention to detail, especially on the tail, is amazing!

Oh, I know a few of you here like the Sailor Moon anime, and she has made dolls of some of the characters from that too!

Another delightful Milotic doll, is this:


This gorgeous plush is the work of BabyLondonStar.  Again, the attention to detail is amazing -- it looks so soft and cuddly, you could take it to bed with you...LOL!

So having discovered this gorgeous Pokemon, I realised it would be only fair of me to give it the blackwork treatment.  Hopefully over the festive period I can complete the blackwork projects that I had to abandon for Christmas stuff, and once they are done, I plan to start work on Milotic.

Although, I have to confess that I've already started charting it:


I don't want to get too engrossed in this at the moment, because otherwise I won't get my Christmas stuff done, but sometimes you do need a break -- and it doesn't hurt to have more than one iron in the fire (so to speak).

Rest assured that this will get a featured work in progress in the New Year, and I hope to make the pattern available for download soon after.

Finally, I must just add that you guys really seem to like the Pokemon blackwork, and they download quite well -- especially Umbreon, which has been the most popular!

So that's all for today, I must go off and sort my stitching bag out for later!

Till next time, keep Kalm and Cross-stitch! xx

5 comments:

  1. I have not kept up with Pokemon lately and I am not a big fan of some of the new ones, but this one is beautiful! And I do love your blackwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I know the pain of having too many projects beckon out to you, and though I probably shouldn't support this, I say yes to a blackwork pattern of Milotic. : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the 4th and 5th gen critters are a little dire and it makes you wonder whether Nintendo are running out of ideas.

    Milotic is indeed a beautiful Pokemon and I'm glad you guys would like to see her in blackwork! Rest assured it will be done!

    And you can never have too many projects on the go, but as my mum said to me yesterday ... sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey....your playing your DS with a sore wrist!!
    Bad...bad...bad!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Dawn, yes I've been playing on my DS, I confess! It passes the time when waiting for trains and traipsing round the supermarket! I only play it in short bursts and thankfully it hasn't bothered my wrist, which has been better this last week!

    ReplyDelete