Thursday, 14 July 2011

Psychedelic Sudowoodo!


Thursday greets to one and all!

Well, the weekend is almost upon us and tomorrow I'm going down to my sister's for the annual "Families Day" at RAF Shawbury!  Looking forward to it, should be fun.

Of course, that means I probably won't get much stitching done over the weekend, and that means there'll be no new stuff for a while.  To make up for that, I'm giving you a freebie pattern tonight *YAY*

Tonight's pattern features the Pokemon, Sudowoodo, that strange tree that boogies in the road and only attacks when you use the squirtbottle!  I think it's a pretty funky Pokemon, which is why I decided to stitch this:


It was more an experiment than anything else because I'd just bought some funky new Anchor varigated thread that I wanted to use on another project (but obviously I wanted to see how they would look first).  Sudowoodo is part of my Blackwork Series, and when I started charting the pattern, I thought the border would make a great design on it's own -- a bit  like my Negative Sentret!

So I couldn't resist seeing what he would look like using the new varigated thread that I had bought, and I have to say that I think the results look pretty cool!

I've stitched him on 14-HPI moss green aida to show off the colour changes although I plan to use this colour also with the blackwork version!  The Anchor varigated thread I've used is shade #1375 (Harlequin).  It's a fabulous varigated shade and I would definitely recommend getting hold of a few skeins.  If you don't have an Anchor stockist in your area, there are plenty of stockist online -- Sew and So is my favourite online store!

So, do you guys want to stitch your own Sudowoodo?  I hope so, because here is the pattern:


The stitch count is 47(w) x 55(h).  As mentioned, I've stitched him using 14-HPI moss green aida using Anchor varigated thread shade #1375.  Of course, you guys don't have to use that combination here, but I'd love to see some funky looking Sudowoodo's from you guys!

So that's me signing off for now -- enjoy your weekend!

Till next time ... Keep Kalm and cross-stitch! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment