Friday, 22 April 2011

Our First BBQ of 2011 and More WIP Updates

Greetings -- I hope everyone is enjoying the start to their Easter celebrations!

Here in the UK, we have two long Bank Holiday weekends in a row thanks to next week's Royal Wedding!  It's a great excuse for many people to have an extended holiday from work!  I'm still un-employed, so I don't need to get excited about taking addtional leave from work, but it's nice to spend som extra time with my family.

And we're having some cracking weather to boot!

Today, I've been at my mum's as I usually do on a Friday.  I took my stitching, but didn't do any because we got straight on the Wii (mumsie beat me at the bowling -- again) and then my brother turned up with my nephew, who's been staying over during the school hols.  My sister has been having a break from him but was pleased to see him when she arrived shortly after :-)

So seeing as the weather was so nice, we decided there and then to have a BBQ!  The first one of 2011.  My fiance had been working today,  but after a shower and change, he came to join us.  It was great to be out in the garden for the first time this year, and because I don't have a garden at home I always look forward to these things!

After, we got back on the Wii -- probably not a good idea to be showing my mum and sister how to do the step aerobics on Wii Fit after eating so much - not good for the digestion!  My nephew was staying at my brother's again tonight, so we were able to cadge a lift home -- just as well because it's started thundering!!  We didn't get the torrential downpour they predicted on the news (unless it comes overnight), so it is still very muggy and close!

Tommorow is scheduled to be nice again, and I am planning to meet up with my sister for coffee and a girlie chat! I also realise that I am out of practice on Wii Sports Resort, and I should get my Wii Fit out a lot more, but I just love to stitch so much!!!!

Which is why I thought it was time to update you guys with some of my projects.  As always, I have far too many on the go, but I just can't help starting new stuff.

First, lets catch up with the old stuff:

That Visitor Logo seems to be taking forever to finish and you would think it was straight forward to do!  I don't even have to follow a chart anymore!!!!  Ah, well... I've actually done more since my last edit, and I keep chipping away at it everytime I pull it out of my work bag -- hopefully this one will be finished soon:


Next up is Articuno, from my Pokemon Blackwork series.   Another design that I chip away at.  I'm sure I've mentioned before that this is being worked on evenweave so I need good light to see the holes and it's defo not a project to do late at night if you are tired!

Finally, I've started stitching another In Stitches character -- YAY!!!!!  This one, in case you can't tell from the image below, is Link from Legend of Zelda:



Link is the first of four non, FFVII characters I am stitching -- the next one will be Vivi from FFIX, which I shall start when I have finished this.  Link was actually quite hard to chart because there are a lot of colours on his shield and it took me ages to be satisfied with the colours -- hopefully he will look good when he is finished!

One of my followers, and good friend Dawn of Animestitching, had been asking me about the progress of this series recently and I realised that I need to get them finished because they've been sitting in my 'to do' box for far too long!!!

Rest assured dawn that you will get the characters you referred to (but PM me if you want to chat about it further!)

So that's all for now, as it's really warm and I need some fesh air. 

Till next time ... Keep Kalm and Cross-stitch!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment