Thursday, 27 January 2011

Wooooo. I got me a shade card!!!!


You may recall sometime ago that I mentioned, either on here or DA (I can't remember now), that I was after a thread-wrapped shade card to help me with my designing.

Try as I might, I could not get one, and Coats Crafts (who distribute Anchor threads) alleged they stopped making them.

I had planned to make my own, but this wold have been quite an undertaking and even after eigtht years of stitching, I still do not own a full compliment of Anchor threads - something I hope to rectify once my financial situation improves!

When I'm designing, I tend to choose colours I already own, so that I can refer to the relevant colours.  ocassionally, I chose a colour I don't have, but without a sample, it's not always easy to tell whether it works, and as I am sure you'll all agree, printed shade cards are not the best.

Anyway, I was looking through my favourite stitchy website Sew and So just before Christmas when I noticed in the Shade Card section that Coats had re-introduced a thread-wrapped shade card!!!  I was quite excited about this and given that Santa gave money for Christmas, I was able to order one!

I've found it an absolute god-send to use and it's already helped me with a few designs I've been struggling to finish!


I plan to purchase the DMC one shortly.

If you're an avid stitcher/designer as I know some of you are, I would definitely recommend a purchase!


1 comment:

  1. I have the DMC card on my wishlist =) I've got an Anchor card but I think it's... 10, 15 years old. But you're right, it's really really helpful ^^

    ReplyDelete