Monday, 4 October 2010

Winged Triforce ... DONE!!!


YAY! My first ambitious blackwork project is finally finished!!!!!!

The astute among you will see that I’ve decided not to do the border. This was because it would have taken me a lot longer to finish and I would definitely have run out of gold thread!!!

Most people I asked prefer this without the border and I agree (I may even get this framed at some point).

Very happy with the outcome of this piece and can’t wait to try more!!! Since I designed this I have done quite a few other blackwork patterns. Some of which will get featured on my website in due course.

The second ambitious project I spoke about at the start of this project is currently on hold because the fabric I had chosen was not dark enough to show the white thread that makes up a large portion of the design. I have seen some darker fabric on Sew and So which I plan to get but this will have to wait until I have been paid again later this month.

For now, let me know what you think:


Oh, and I have also posted this over on deviantART as well, so please have a mooch on there too:




3 comments:

  1. It looks excellent, and I love all the different patterns you used! I have to ask, though- was it more difficult to do the blackwork aspects, or make the glitter floss look that amazingly tidy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks amazing! Congrats on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete