Friday, 24 September 2010

Winged Triforce - WIP #7

I've been working on this design pretty much all week (providing I can get to my stitching frame which is now living in the study).

I've stitched the bottom two triangles of the Triforce and I started the top one last night.  When I was charting this, I was worried that the symmetry of the triangles wasn't right but it looks okay now it's stitched.  I'm surprised how fast I have stitched this up because metallic thread is not the easiest medium to work with - plenty of Thread Heaven and a steady hand are required here!!!


Picture Reference Date: 24th September 2010

The border will probably take much longer to stitch.

I will try and update again at some point next week ... that's if I don't run out of metallic thread first!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck finishing the gold floss!!
    I have never minded using it but it does take more time to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    It's not been so bad so far, but I have to be careful for snags and loose ends coming up from behind.

    The Thread Heaven helps and I use a loop method with the thread so I don't loose the needle and have to re-thread - metallics are a real b**** to thread up!!!

    I'm putting in a fabric order with "sew and so" over the weekend so I may need to order some more thread cause I think I will run out shortly!

    ReplyDelete