Sunday, 22 August 2010

Winged Triforce - WIP #4


I’ve finished Curly so now I can crack on this with this, although I’ve now started a new Blackwork project. I also have my Tudor Rose to finish as well as starting the next part in my In Stitches series!!!

*phew*

The wings have been proving difficult to get right. My pesky neighbours have been affecting my concentration this week so I have been miscounting quite a bit and I’ve had to do an awful lot of unpicking!!!

It means I’ve wasted quite a lot of thread too, so it’s just as well that I stocked up last time I was in Manchester! At this point I’ve already gone through one whole skein and have another whole skein cut up on the thread card. Hopefully two will be enough, but I have a third on standby just in case!!!

The filling pattern for the wings is actually quite easy (it’s the same one used on the wings of the Blackwork Owl design:

Once you have done a few rows, you no longer need to look at the fill reference. It’s a reasonably easy fill to use, and again, if I can get a few hours in during the evening, I can get a quite a bit done.



Picture reference date: 21st August 2010





2 comments:

  1. You're so fast! It's looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your moving really fast and it does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete