When the original Playstation first hit UK stores in 1995, they used to come bundled with a demo disc of games and stuff.
Out of all the games featured, there were very few that caught my eye, but one became an instant want … Psygnosis’ spacey racer “WipEout”.
I’ll confess that I’m not a huge fan of racing games (Mario Kart being an exception), although I did beat a load of blokes at Daytona once ^__~ Anyway WipEout was a bit different and although I wasn’t very good at it at first, I persevered.
The sequel, "WipEout 2097" (XL in the States) came out the next year and was so much better than the original; pit lanes to renew your shields, better weapons, better graphics, better tunes, it was an instant hit – and it’s still my favourite in the series!!!
Ah, if only Sony would release it on the PSN!!!
WipEout is something of a PS stalwart as there have been games on every incarnation of Sony’s console (including 2 on the PSP), although some of the earlier games were on PC and Sega Saturn too!!!
The one cool thing about these games is their unusual icons, and this is what persuaded me to do turn them into cross-stitch patterns – well, it makes a change from Pikachu!!!
The reference images for my patterns have come from a variety of sources; game booklets, game guides and this fabulous Japanese website (yes, I’m afraid it’s in Japanese):
So far I have designed 7 patterns themed on the WipEout series and I have another 3 or 4 other designs in the WIP stage as well, so watch this space...
... now for the patterns!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment