Monday, 23 August 2010

++ Blackwork ++ Tatsunoko Seahorse

Well I really have the bug for blackwork at the moment.  My Winged Triforce is coming along nicely and I have another design ready to go when that is finished.

What I also wanted to do was try to turn some of my existing designs into blackwork patterns.

The first one I had a go at was my Tatusnoko Seahorse: 
http://gatchacaz.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d24evra

Designing was fairly straight forward (although you do need a certain amount of patience when doing the fill patterns) and was charted in an afternoon.  It took me two days to stitch!

The design uses DMC colour variation (shade #4210) and DMC light effects (shade #E130).  I have also used a new technique "whipped backstitch" to add a bit of dimension to the border:


*** EDIT APRIL 2012 ***


This pattern has been removed!


Please click on the "Pattern Archive" tab above and follow the appropriate link!


Thank You (Gatchacaz)

2 comments:

  1. It looks really nice- the modifications are a cool way to extend the life of an already stitched pattern, and I think your recent work is the first blackwork fanart I've seen! The pattern is very nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! Looks way cool!!
    Thanks for the stitching directions in your other post too!!

    ReplyDelete