Saturday, 21 August 2010

Ambitious Blackwork Project!


Those of you who know me well, will know how much I like Blackwork.

Since I started designing my own patterns I have always wanted to have go at designing with Blackwork, and thought it was time to give it a go!

I have two projects in the pipeline, but one is to be a present for a friend, so I can’t say too much about that one at this stage in case they read my blog *wink, wink*

I’m always on the lookout for sprites, images etc… that I can turn into cross stitch, but sometimes, it is not always easy to pick designs that haven’t already been done by someone else!

The design I have chosen for my first Blackwork design is the “Winged Triforce” from the Zelda series:



I know that others have already turned this into a cross stitch pattern (Little Mojo had one on her site), so another cross-stitched Triforce was out of the question. I try to be unique with my designs and do stuff that hasn’t been done, which is why I’ve decided to do this in Blackwork!

Something tells me I may have bitten off more than I can chew here!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this. It should look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed, it's going quite well at the moment!!!

    ReplyDelete